Solar window film has been used on cars and office windows in San Diego for years, but it is now making its way into residential application. San Diego home window tinting can provide good visibility from the inside and can offer privacy from the outside as well as good solar control qualities. There are many benefits for having a professional San Diego home window tinting contractor apply a solar window tinting film to your home’s windows, including the following:
- Deflects direct UV sun rays – This is probably the most important benefit for having San Diego home window tinting done. Some solar window films successfully rejects 99% of all harmful Ultra Violet (UV) light. Too much exposure to direct UV light is detrimental to you and your family’s health. UV light can cause premature aging, skin dryness, itching and increases the likelihood of getting skin cancer.
- Protects the interior of your home – When your home has windows that are not tinted, your drapes, carpets and furniture are exposed to direct sunlight thus causing them to fade very quickly. The heat from the direct sunlight will also damage the electronics in your home. With tinted windows, you can preserve the color and beauty of your homes interior and also ensure that your electronics last longer.
- Saving on energy costs – Are your looking for ways to cut that hefty San Diego energy bill that is now part of your regular expenditure? Get home window tinting! Tinted windows lower the amount of heat coming in to the house from the outside and thus reduce the need to turn on the air conditioner. This can be invaluable during the heat of San Diego summers as you can keep your house cool using a fraction of the power required for a home with out tinted windows. But tint also saves on energy during the winter – it serves as an insulator that traps the heat in meaning you will need less power to heat your home.
- Privacy – The very idea of a home is driven by privacy. San Diego home window tinting using privacy window films can also prevent the people outside from seeing the inside of your home but allows you to see outside easily during the day. You could go for ordinary tint or go for highly reflective tint. It is however recommended, that you keep your drapes and blinds closed during the night, depending on the shade and type of your tint.
- Safety – In the event of an accident that causes the windows to break, the security films used in window tinting can hold the shards of shattered glass together. This protects anyone that is in close proximity to the window from injuries occasioned by flying glass. Of course the quality of the tint determines how well it can hold when it does break.
- Accentuates overall design – Aside from its functional abilities, San Diego home window tinting can also be used to make your home that much more attractive – all this without compromising the window’s core function of providing light and ventilation. Decorative window tinting films come in several colors and textures. Choose a shade that blends well within your overall color theme to make your home really come alive with style.
To experience the best that home window tinting has to offer, choose a reputable San Diego window tinting company to take care of your residential window tinting and window film needs. These experts can install the window films and provide you with a large selection of specialty films that will truly enhance your home.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Steve_P_Russo
For more information on our products, please click the 3M products link below: